Thursday, July 16, 2009

The reunion

Last night I hung out with The Boy who I havn't spoken to or seen since September of Last year when we stopped dating. I happened to walk by his store in the mall, and there he was working in the front window. It felt like a scene from a movie, where two people happen to catch each other's eye within a few seconds, and it's over instantly. As I walked by, I waved at him not knowing if he would recognize me or wave back.

He texts me later on...
Him: Was that you who walked by my store?
Me: Yea it was me...
Him: Why didn't you stop by and say hi?
Me: I don't know...not sure if you wanted to see me or not.
Him: Of course I do.
Me: Oh, well i'll stop by next time i'm at the mall then.

As stated, the next time I went to the mall, I went in to his store to visit him. I was nervous and didn't know what to say besides the usual "hello" and "how are you doing?"

We began texting each other here and there, when I found out he broke up with his boyfriend...

Recently I mentioned that we should hang out sometime and get some Pho, because I knew it was his favorite and I havn't had it in awhile.

Fast forward to Wednesday...

I followed him to the Pho restaurant. Where we caught up on a lot of things that have occured within the year we lost touch.
From our future plans, what we've been up to since we last talked and whatever else that came to mind.

After dinner we went back to his place. We snuggled up in his twin sized bed, got comfortable in each others arms and watched 'Sex & The City: The Movie," which was really good. It felt as though we picked up where we left off in September. We cuddled, held hands and had small talk in between the movie.

I feel a great connection with him, and I know he's a really genuine guy. Even though we'll only be friends, i'll have to enjoy our time together while it lasts before he moves in 2 months.

I really missed him...because he was a good guy, and we connected really well. He just has the ability to make me smile and laugh.

7 comments:

letopho said...

guard your heart!

Luuworld said...

summer lovin! everybody needs a little of that. good work, dannieboy! :-D

dannie said...

letopho: i have loads of walls and shackles guarding it.

luu: yay!! i finally have some summer lovin :]

J.T. said...

where are the pics of the evening spent in bed?!

dannie said...

J.T. - no pictures, you can imagine it yourself. :]

Rob said...

Just enjoy the end of summer but don't get hurt... it's too easy to enjoy cuddling with someone to then go back to cuddling a pillow!

dannie said...

Rob - you're totally right, it's so nice to cuddle with an actual guy, it'll be weird once he leaves.